Benefit of Almond Milk – You are going to find the amazing things about it. Let’s get started. Almond milk is regarded as one of the most popular sources of plant milk. Though it lacks a lot of essential fiber, still it has got a wide range of health benefits that are absolutely helpful for the overall development of one’s physique.
Well, we aren’t here to compare almond milk with that of cow’s milk, yet the basic point lies in the fact that this plant milk is totally nutritious and bring an extremely low-calorie drink, you won’t face any complication at all while you are on a diet since it won’t add you any extra pounds by any chance.
In this context, I would definitely look forward to clearing one of the most commonly existing confusions among the people. Since almonds are extremely rich in calories, most people think that almond milk too would be the same.
However, it isn’t so, since the way this almond milk is processed, it has got absolutely no scope for the almonds to be present in the finished product. I think this is an essential point to note when we are talking about almond milk since I see a lot of people going around with the confusion that almond milk would gain extra calories, but let me tell you that it’s not true; instead, it shall help you cut the calories from your diet.
It is extremely helpful in losing weight. Well, amidst all that, almond milk is highly nutritious. Read on to know more about what it is, ingredients present, benefits and side effects of the same!
Benefit Of Almond Milk:
- Almond milk is absolutely low in calories so that you can use it instead of dairy milk and you won’t need to fear about gaining extra weight.
- It is helpful in treating chronic kidney disorders.
- Regulates blood pressure level.
- Maintains a healthy heart and is not at all a contributor to bad LDL or cholesterol.
- Drives away skin issues and gives you a glowing skin tone.
What Is Almond Milk?
Almond milk is basically prepared by grinding almonds, and then it is mixed with water. The almond remnants are strained well to make sure that the fluid contains no granular segments. It is just that the liquid comprises of a nutty flavor that is indeed very tasty!
There are a lot of people who do not prefer to opt for the cow’s milk but definitely needs the nutrition present in it. Certainly, almond milk won’t be enough to replace the traditional cow’s milk, but still, it does give a good complementary to it.
Besides, almond milk is quite rich in calcium, vitamin D, vitamin E and Riboflavin. All these together give almond milk an awesome taste, good to go for those who prefer drinking it with the snacks during the evening or in case you want a substitute that is good for health. Well, you can get this easily available at any of the commercial stores too. If you do not want to purchase it, you can opt to make it at your home as well!
Almond Milk Benefits and Side Effects
- Low calories: If you want to restrict the calorie intake by your body, consider taking this almond milk instead of the cow’s milk. While the regular milk contains 140 calories in 200 ml of the fluid, almond milk has got 24-28 calories in the same amount. Thus, it is totally a myth that almond milk will add weight to your body rather once the milk is processed; it hardly contains any almonds in it. As a result, it is not at all going to put on those extra layers of fat on your body.
- Great source of vitamin E: almond milk is extremely beneficial in meeting the daily requirement of vitamin E by the body. Research has found out that an adequate amount of vitamin E can settle your mental problems as well as lower risk to get prone to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Low sugar: while the usual milk contains 13 grams of carbs and a huge proportion of sugar, the almond milk contains hardly 1-2 grams of carbs and absolutely no or negligible sugar in a quantity of 200 ml of liquid. In this context, I would want to mention a very significant point, that is, commercial varieties may contain a good quantity of sugar. However, the ones that are processed at the home are unsweetened almonds and areabsolutely safe even if you are looking for ways to cut off sugar from your diet. This is the one for you!
- Lactose-free: Lactose intolerance is a kind of disorder in people that makes them suffer from the inability to digest the lactose that is commonly present in the dairy milk. For all those individuals, consuming almond milk is absolutely safe and won’t lead you to any health trouble.
- Good for vegans: For all those people who promote veganism, almond milk is the ideal one for you. Also, though it is rare, still there are around 0.5 % of the population who are allergic to dairy milk, for them using almond milk to drink or in any recipe is the best idea.
- Rich in calcium: Calcium is too good for the heart, nerves, and bones. Almond milk contains 7 % of calcium in a quantity of 1 ounce.
- Low in phosphorus and potassium: Since the people with chronic kidney diseases tend to avoid phosphorus and potassium in their diet due to the fact that their kidneys are not able to clear these elements properly, avoiding dairy milk is the best choice.
- Can be added easily in your diet: if you want to add almond milk to your diet, you can add it in your breakfast recipe with your pancakes and muffins. Also, you will be able to use it in preparing yogurt or tea and coffee. You may even add it while preparing homemade ice-creams or in the form of sauce.
- Rich in vitamin D: Vitamin D is very much essential for our body, and the Sun or solar energy is believed to be as the best source for it. However, due to our lifestyle and long working hours, we tend to have its deficiency. Almond milk, however, can complement your immune deficiencies, osteoporosis, heart disorders and similar other health complications.
Is it nutritious?
Indeed it is very nutritious and rich in vitamin D and E. It is definitely a good alternative to dairy milk. Almonds were always considered to be nuts filled with nutritional value. In the same way, almond milk, too, establishes a positive impact on one’s health.
I agree it may not be as nutritious as that of the cow’s milk and the way it is enriched with vitamins and minerals, but definitely, it can yield you a good proportion of benefits in comparison to the dairy milk. Its nutrition value is amazingly good.
Is it dairy free?
Well, almond milk is absolutely dairy free since it has no connection with cow’s milk anyway. For all those vegans out here, you can drink or have any dishes made with milk quite easily since it is completely free of animal products. Since almonds are drawn from plants, the fluid gets a nutty flavor as that of the almonds.
Besides, for all those people who do suffer from lactose intolerance, almond milk is the one for you! Unlike dairy milk that comprises lactose, almond milk does not contain any portion of lactose in it. Thus, if you aren’t comfortable with dairy items, go for almond milk and recipes made with it! Give it a try, and I know you will surely love it!
Is Almond Milk Bad For You?
There have been no reports so far as almond milk has caused any harm to anyone. It is absolutely safe for consumption and rich in nutrition. Also, the presence of vitamins and minerals in it make it absolutely beneficial to one’s health. Considering all these facts, almond milk,
However, can bother you in case you are one of those few individuals who are allergic to nuts. Thus, if you have any such history, it is always ideal to avoid consuming it.
For all such people, you may get prone to health complications such as difficulty in breathing or unconsciousness. Even a few people tend to suffer from issues such as showing up red spots all over the skin on several parts of the body; those may be itchy as well.
If you are facing any such complication, you must immediately consult with a doctor or a skin specialist and get medicine. Treatment is a must in such cases, though too many of us often seem to neglect such problems. Once you are aware of all those matters, you must keep away almond milk from yourself. Otherwise, almond milk has got no drawbacks, and you can have it whichever way you like!
Is Almond Milk Healthy?
Almond milk is absolutely healthy and has got no side effects since it is drawn solely from the plant. Who would have side effects on using or consuming foods extracted from the plants or trees?
Likewise, almond milk is rich in carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins or minerals but is low in calories than the normal dairy milk, which in all; make it one of the best and most popular drinks across the world. Besides, almond milk is a good substitute for the dairy one since it is too tasty, being available in different flavors such as the plain one, the vanilla essence, and the sweetened one.
All these flavors would certainly attract your tongue every way, and you cannot restrict yourself once you fall in love with its taste.
Except for the fact that you are having an allergy from nuts, you can always opt for this milk for drinking or to use it with some other foods. It has got plenty of health benefits, some of them popularly include:
- A healthy heart: A contribution to the LDL or bad cholesterol is the most common reason for any cardiovascular ailment. Therefore, it is too important to make sure that you stop in taking foods that will increase your cholesterol level in the body. Almond milk is definitely a boon in this case. It serves in maintaining the health of your heart as well as lowers your risk of suffering from any sort of coronary heart disease. The presence of potassium in almond milk also acts as a vasodilator, thus reducing your chances of getting heart attacks, thereby giving you a healthy and strong heart.
- Heals kidney disorders: The higher the proportion of potassium if present in your blood will make you suffer from different kinds of kidney ailments. In that case, you must avoid normal dairy milk or soy milk as they are rich in potassium. An alternative to that is certainly almond milk that has a very limited proportion of potassium and phosphorus in it. As a result, you can choose almond milk when you need to cut off the intake of them in your diet.
- Improves vision: These days, with the increased usage of smartphones and computers, our eyes do get to suffer from lowered eyesight too often, and that is quite common in most cases. Almond milk, however, is helpful in improving your eyesight. It makes your vision clearer due to the presence of vitamin A in the almond milk.
- Helps you own strong bones: Calcium is a very important constituent for our body. The presence of this element is essential for it maintains healthy and strong bones and teeth. Certainly, almond milk is a good source of calcium, and it helps you in maintaining your home health as well as prevent you from suffering from osteoporosis. Almond milk is a perfect composition of calcium with vitamin D both of which are influential in making your bones stronger even while you are in your old age.
- Skin care: Who doesn’t want to look beautiful, isn’t it? However, knowing the right remedy and maintaining your skin on a regular basis is the ultimate secret behind your glowing skin. Almond milk is a good assistant to that. It is a good source of vitamin E which is helpful for the skin as well as regulates vitamin A constituency in your body. Besides, the antioxidant properties of almond milk to help in repairing the damaged skin cells and tissues. Almond milk is also considered as a really amazing cleansing lotion. It is mixed with rose water or normal mineral water to prepare the cleansing agent. Using it on a regular basis will surely help you gain back that lost glow of your skin.
- Strengthen muscles: The presence of Vitamin B or riboflavin in the body will surely help you to fetch stronger muscles. This will help you to obtain a firm body, thereby helping you to get a stronger inner core.
- Regulates your blood pressure: If there is a blockage or any kind of restriction in the veins, you may suffer from a high blood pressure. The regular flow of blood within the body is maintained by the presence of phosphorus and vitamin D or other minerals. The expansion and contraction of the vein walls would help in maintaining the blood flow.
- A substitute for breast milk: Well, breast milk has got a lot of essential elements that are vital for a toddler’s growth. In that case, nothing can certainly replace the efficiency and nutritional value of breast milk. However, if a nursing mother is not capable of feeding her baby by any chance due to any kind of health complications or unavailability, almond milk can be a really good alternative.
- Boosts immune system: The primary line of the defense is maintained only when you add elements to your diet that would boost your immune system. The presence of germs and microorganisms in the body will cause plenty of damage; however, those attacks won’t get restricted if your immune system is weak.
Almond Milk Ingredients
Preparing almond milk is absolutely easy, all you need is to know the ingredients used in the process.
- 1 cup raw almonds, the organic one is usually preferred
- 2 cups water for soaking
- Sweeteners such as honey, sugar, agave syrup, or maple syrup (optional). If you don’t want it to be sweeter enough, you can always choose to skip having this ingredient.
- Fine-mesh nut bag or cheesecloth
- Measuring cup
- Blender or food processor
Where Does Almond Milk Come From?
Almond milk, unlike dairy milk, is not an animal product. It is extracted directly from the plant so if you are a vegan and does not promote the consumption of animal items; almond milk would be the one for you. It comes from the plants and is simply a variety of the nut. Therefore, when you prepare almond milk, you would always get a nutty flavor in the finished item.
Almond milk is made by soaking the almonds in water overnight. Then it is made by grinding the almonds and adding water in an appropriate quantity to the ground nuts. The amount of water is determined as per the consistency of the almond milk that you would like to fetch. It can be a good option for snacks or breakfast drink.
How Much Calcium Is Present In Almond Milk
1 ounce or 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk contains 516 mg of calcium in it. The calcium present in the same helps in strengthening the bones or teeth. It promotes good health and will also help in maintaining a healthy diet. Calcium helps in coping up the deficiency disorders, which would otherwise lead you to issues like osteoporosis and many others that come with age.
Almond Milk Vs Cow Milk
A comparative study between dairy milk and almond milk is definitely an interesting question on this ground. Here, I have prepared a comparison of almond milk with that of the dairy milk:
- Almond milk contains 39 calories while dairy milk contains 102.
- The Protein content is 1.55 grams in almond milk and 8.22 grams in dairy milk.
- Fat content is 2.88 grams in almond milk and 2.37 grams in dairy milk.
- Carbs are 1.52 grams in almond milk and 12.18 grams in dairy milk.
- Vitamin E is 49% of the RDI and 0% of the RDI in almond milk and dairy milk respectively.
- Thiamin is 11% of the RDI in almond milk and 3% of the RDI in the dairy one.
- Riboflavin is 7% of the RDI and 27% of the RDI in almond milk and dairy milk respectively.
- Magnesium is 5% of the RDI in almond milk and 8% of the RDI in dairy milk.
However, since almond milk does not own the ability to replace dairy milk on all nutritional grounds, infants should not opt for the almond milk since it lacks certain essential nutrients. For all those kids and infants who are allergic to dairy milk should rather go for some alternative formula in that context.
How Much Protein Does Almond Milk Contain
Almond milk contains 1.55 grams of protein in its unsweetened variety. Different brands of almond milk may have different variations of protein. The quantity may slightly vary from one product to another.
Is Almond Milk Fattening?
Almond milk is not at all fattening in any way. Instead, it is helpful in shedding the extra fat from your body. One ounce of almond milk contains 2.88 grams of fat and 39 calories which is quite low in comparison to that of the dairy milk. Consuming almond milk to your diet will not add any extra layers of fat on your body, rather it will prevent you from gaining that additional calorie count which was definitely inevitable from rice milk or soy milk.
Almond Milk Recipe
You can prepare almond milk simply by putting the almonds inside a blender and then straining the pulp. You can also prepare the same by adding water to the almond butter and that way; you would be able to make the product right at your home. Making almond milk is not at all difficult, you can make it quite easily in just a few simple steps:
- At first, you need to soak the almonds in water overnight. Take as many almonds as you want according to the amount of almond milk you want to fetch. You can also choose to soak those almonds for two days. Actually the longer you soak them, the creamier the milk would turn out to be!
- Now, you need to drain the beans from the soaking water and then rinse them well. Rinsing them well is an important step to follow since it would otherwise contain phytic acid that shall inhibit the body’s ability to absorb all the essential nutrients.
- Next, you need to grind the almond milk properly with fresh water. This is how your milk is ready. You can take out the fluid from the grinder and then strain the mixture using a fine mesh or a strainer. If you want to make the almond milk taste sweeter, you are always allowed to add the required amount of sweetener to it depending upon how you would want it to taste like. Lasty, serve it in glasses, both to the members of your home as well as to your guests.
- Use a proportion of around 1 glass of almond with that of 2 glasses of water. This way, there is a fairly good consistency of the fluid. Depending upon whether you would want to have a thicker or a thinner fluid, you need to adjust the proportions. The almond powder should be finely ground and the milk should turn whitish in color after you have put them together in the blender and allowed them to blend thoroughly for a whole lot of 2-3 minutes at the highest speed.
Besides, almond milk has been a popular French cuisine and preparing it was always an age-old process. If you are still thinking about whether or not you would make it at your home, do give it a try!
Point to Note While Preparing Almond Milk at Home:
Don’t grind too many almonds at a go for you can preserve this almond milk only for 1-2 days in your refrigerator. However, in order to pasteurize it, you need to heat the fluid well. However, that is something not preferable for all around. Also, you can make the milk so easily. Thus, it would not matter if you keep making glasses frequently without making all at once.
The leftover almonds or the ones that have been left as a residue after you have got it strained can always be used in preparing oatmeal, muffins, and smoothies. Besides, you can also use them while preparing baked items.
Benefits Of Homemade Almond Milk
Homemade recipes are always better than that of the commercial one. Almond milk, when it is homemade, you know the ingredients present in it and things would be freshly prepared. On the other hand, the ones that are packed are sure to contain additives or preservatives. Making almond milk is not at all a tough deal. So you can always strain the items and prepare them of your own instead of buying packaged items for they might have some chemicals in them as constituents.
The benefits of homemade ones are absolutely similar to that of the original benefits of almond milk, be it a commercial one. Homemade ones are generally preferred for kids and toddlers or in case you do want to avoid consuming any kind of chemicals or preservatives.
Almond Milk Nutrition Facts
Some nutritional facts about almond milk that you need to know:
Almond milk is prepared from almonds that are low in fat. However, it is high in energy, proteins, lipids, and fiber. Several minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc are also present. The other nutrients that are present in this milk include vitamins such as vitamin C, riboflavin, vitamin B6, thiamine, vitamin E, niacin, and folate. All the nutrients offer various benefits that are absolutely essential for a healthy body.
Being so very rich in vitamins and minerals, almond milk is simply too good to have on your menu during the breakfast or while having lunch. Since it is tasty to the tongue, you can prepare any kind of dessert or other dishes using it in case you are not much comfortable with drinking it.
ALMOND, MILK, HONEY FOR SKIN WHITENING MASK, HOME REMEDY MASK
How Many Calories in Almond Milk?
1 cup of almond milk, if measured in terms of quantity, will be up to 1 ounce of unsweetened almond milk contains around 39 calories. Well, this is quite low in comparison to that of dairy milk which we, usually tend to have! This prescribed quantity may vary a little according to the brand of the product being consumed.
Every pack of the almond milk that you do purchase from any of your nearby commercial stores will surely have the calorie count mentioned at the back of the pack. The count can be slightly high or low than this. However, this is the one you normally get! Another important thing to note in this context is that the sweetened almond milk may have a little higher quantity of calories than that of the unsweetened almond milk.
On a concluding note, I would like to advise you to try out almond milk and replace your dairy milk intake with almond milk to a certain extent. The calorie count in the latter one is definitely low. Also, it has got the necessary presence of vitamins, minerals and all other essential elements that are good enough to combat all sorts of deficiency disorders.
So, if you are not allergic to nuts, want to opt for veganism or is allergic to dairy products, try out the delicious almond milk recipe either at home or get it from any of your local grocery stores, I am 100 % sure that you would love it!
How To Make Almond Milk Recipe for Easy Weight Loss
It would great if you could provide some more points on Benefit of Almond Milk
People Also Looking For –